Guidance for contributors
You have the opportunity to create contents on Repeto.org as a contributor and also to have an income from doing so.
How can I start?
First, please create an account and then contact us with the information how you can help.
The second step is to read our guide for creating an article: How to create a post?
That is pretty much it. We will change your user account to Contributor account and you will create your first language resource :)
Do I earn money from doing so?
Yes, but not right away. We have to be sure about the quality you're providing to the website and therefore you need to build some sort of trust. Afterwards, you can contact us and let us know you're interested.
What can I post?
- Articles can be of many types like text articles, videos, podcasts, dialogues, etc.
- You can't ask people to read entirely or part of the content in another website.
- You can advertise your website, as long as it's a secure and content-related website.
- You cannot post contents with children, nudity, contents under copyright.
How much will I be paid?
- This depends on how much we earned from your contents and how long you've been creating material here.
- Payments will be defined privately
I'm a teacher. Can I promote my work?
- Yes, as long as it follows what is listed above.
Do I need to be a native speaker?
- We encourage you to write in your mother tongue. If we have doubts about you being a native speaker, we may reject your content.
Do I have to translate the text and to add the original text?
- We prefer that you do it yourself but we can also do it instead of you if it's not too long.
- Not adding any original transcript may influence your incomes generated from the content.
- For certain languages not doing it may lead to rejection.
- The transcript of the original language must be as close as possible to the words spoken. So, sentences that are vaguely what it is said are not accepted.
- The translation should be in English.
What are the videos requirements?
- Videos must be taken horizontally.
- 720p or higher
- No black bars
- No copyright infringements
- Audio must be clear with no background noises
- Videos must be taken in a well illuminated environment.
- Head and at least upper body must be visible.
- No camera movements.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- Too many effects may lead to a rejection. Keep it simple and professional.
- For A1/A2 levels (beginner), English is required to be used a lot as support language.
- For B1/B2 levels (intermediate and advanced) you can avoid to use English as support language.
- Your English skills should be fairly high and your pronunciation must be clear if you speak English in your videos.
We don't have any responsibility of the contents created by our contributors. We always control our contents but if there is any content violating morals, laws or copyrights, let us know by contacting us.